Message 00024 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Mission statement (was: Request for comments)

Goede morgen everyone!

--- On Fri, 7/17/09, Mathieu O'Neil <mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au> wrote:

From: Mathieu O'Neil <mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [jox] Mission statement (was: Request for comments)
To: journal oekonux.org
Date: Friday, July 17, 2009, 5:37 AM

I think the mission statement is starting to look fine. My
simplified suggestion is:

"This journal is dedicated to the critical study of peer
production, understood as a mode of self-organized
production in which participation is voluntary and
predicated on the self-selection of tasks, as for example
observed in the collaborative development of free software
projects or of the Wikipedia online encyclopedia. Through
the analysis of the forms and operations of peer producing
communities in contemporary capitalist society, the journal
aims to to open up new perspectives on the implications of
peer production for social change."

I like Mathieu's mission statement; it communicates well what we're trying to put together.

I  think it is essential to have a full list of the
editorial committee's names and "institutional affiliation"
- it will be obvious that not everyone is an academic,
that's the specificity and interest of this project in my
view. We do need some clear commitments from people though.

 So far there is me, StefanMn, and StefanMz. So: George,
Athina, Michel: can we put your names as reviewers /
scientific committee members? Anyone else interested?

Sure, I'm fine with putting my (full) name down as reviewer/scientific committee.

Best,

g.

Message 00024 [Homepage] [Navigation]