Message 00057 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Draft CFP

Hi all

As further food for thought, following is a CFP I just received from another journal... I like how the CFP is blended in with the mission statement and also the clear definition of the different types of submissions sought.

cheers
mathieu

Call for Submissions
The Journal of Information Technology & Politics (JITP) seeks high-quality manuscripts on the challenges and opportunities presented by information technology in politics and government.  The primary objectives of the journal are to promote a better understanding of how evolving information technologies interact with political and governmental processes and outcomes at many levels, to encourage the development of governmental and political processes that employ IT in novel and interesting ways, and to foster the development of new information technology tools and theories that can capture, analyze, and report on these developments.

http://www.jitp.net (home page)

http://www.jitp.net/m_archive.php?p=1 (archives)

Submission Guidelines
Manuscripts should have significant theoretical and empirical roots, preferably in both political science and IT, but should at least contain significant content in both areas.  We are particularly interested in manuscripts in three areas: how information technology (IT) influences politics and government; how politics and government influence the development and use of IT; and how IT can be, or is being, used to advance research and teaching about politics and government, particularly in political science.

JITP welcomes and strongly encourages submissions based on interdisciplinary approaches including (but not limited to) information and computer sciences, law, geography, communications, economics, and sociology. We anticipate publishing articles on e-government, as well as applications of information technology in campaigns, elections, and public sector management. Other articles will examine the political economy of IT and governance of the Internet. We also anticipate publishing articles on forms of citizen interaction with government, from web logs ("blogs") at the "net-roots" to hyperlinked transnational social movements.  Finally, we are interested how technology developments are advancing political science research and instruction.

http://www.jitp.net/m_mscript.php?p=2

Submission Types
JITP accepts a variety of manuscripts. Please review the descriptions below and identify the submission type best suited to your intended submission.

http://www.jitp.net/m_submiss.php

Research Paper
Research papers are theoretically driven, focusing on an intersection of politics and IT and reporting substantial findings.

Policy Viewpoints
Policy Viewpoints explore competing perspectives in an ITP policy debate that are informed by academic research.

Teaching Innovation
Teaching Innovation articles explore creative uses of information technology tools to improve student learning in political science and other related fields.  Tutorials and papers that evaluate the effectiveness of technology tools improving learning both are welcome.

Workbench Note
Workbench Notes present a brief introduction and evaluation of one or more novel ITP tools developed to gain analytical leverage over political processes, or to advance political science instruction.

Review Essay
An original theoretically guided essay linking three or more related recent books to an important ITP subject area.

Book Reviews
A review of a book, or other book-length document, such as a government or foundation report.

JITP uses a fully electronic Manuscript and Review System (MARS) and review process that regularly produces decisions in as few as 60-75 days of the original submission. You can submit manuscripts online or simply join the reviewer community at:

http://www.jitp.net/m_submit.php

If you have questions or comments, please let me know.