Message 00162 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Re: Multi-rating mode of evaluation / Updating papers

On 2009-11-22 13:21, graham wrote:
IIRC language was part of the rating, right? This would
discriminate against those who are not so familiar with english
language.

Isn't that a good thing? If an article is in poor English, the
English should be improved. But even in a conventional review
process a reviewer can suggest improvements to the language, and if
this is likely to be a common issue for us we could always ask
reviewers to pay special attention to this aspect and request that
they offer help if possible.

Indeed, this is a good thing, but then we should put language out of
rating.

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de

Message 00162 [Homepage] [Navigation]