Message 00600 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Debrief and clarification process

Hi all!

24 minutes ago Alex Halavais wrote:
My concern with making it optional is that most people won't. The
default is to do what you are familiar and comfortable with. I'll
admit that despite my push for making this the requirement, I myself
would--if given the option--be unlikely to open my draft up. I'd still
publish it on my site or something, probably, but why would I take a
risk when others will not.

I think it's a cultural question. The same goes for software: Not
every software is written well and of high quality. It may work but
for some pieces if you look at the sources...

Still today in Free Software there is a culture of publishing
everything - good or bad. That culture needs encouraging. For Free
Software it's mandatory. And people with bad software also risk their
next job - still it's published. Though there are certainly
differences may be we can learn from this example.

Message 00600 [Homepage] [Navigation]