Re: [ox-en] an idea looking for a home

Other projects
mimic and evolve.  Taxes go down.
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahmmm... Why?

Sticking exactly to the project I propose (volunteers collect water
quality data) and the results I hope for (a toxic waste dump is
discovered, everybody gets on the distributed collaboration volunteer
bandwagon), I think taxes would go down because:

-a bunch of self unfolding volunteers would come up with cheaper ways to
measure water quality.  The cheaper methods would eventually be adopted
by the tax supported efforts

- some parts of the tax-supported water quality system would be deemed
redundant and those services take off of the public budget.

Matt
--
mks pobox.com