Free Software for whom? (was: Re: [ox-en] Re: herrschaft)

Hi Felix and all!

2 weeks (20 days) ago Felix Stalder wrote:
Free Software is free because it serves the (self-)interests of the knowledge
elites
(programmers with a reasonably secure economic basis, large service oriented
corporations like IBM) to have it free.

This point is brought up again and again. I think the best counter
example is KDE (and also GNOME for that matter). I mean none of the
persons you depicted above has any non-alienated interest in KDE
coming into existence. They simply do not need KDE because there are
plenty of window managers around which *for them* work at least as
good as KDE does. Though it seems a bit outdated I for one love
`fvwm2' and it still does everything I need. On the other hand I have
big problems in figuring out what the use of KDE is for someone who is
able to write it.

However, for better or worse KDE came into existence. Given your
framework: Any idea why?