Re: usage of software [was: Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther]

On 29 Feb 2004, auskadi tvcabo.co.mz wrote:
But do I have to put a stupid smily an email
evertime I take the piss ...

Rule 0: Yes, Dorothy, you should put the smiley in.

Reasons (if we want them):

        If I can't hear your tone of voice, I can't spot you're taking
        the piss. Then we waste electrons working out whether or not you
        are.

        If my first language is not the list first language, then I'm
        working hard enough to understand your text, without you
        obfuscating vital components of the meaning.

        Gnus draws a very pretty smiley in the text when you put one
        in. They please me.

:->

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |