[ox-en] Re: usage of software and the CGPL

hello everyone,

i've been lurking indeed, but it seems i must have been blind or something. i won't go into a long series of debates here with mako because from our conversations it was made clear that on certain things we have diametrically opposite views. May it be stated that the Common Good Public License and the Organis Project which is the virtual roof where we discuss ways to extend and harness the efforts of the people involved in the CGPL believes that law is a means to enforce ethics (and yes, the GNU GPL also does this) and that the times ahead of us ask for more than digital liberty (which is all the GNU GPL ensures). We need enforceable ethics, but this enforceability need not necessarily stem from the current legal system, which is partly rotten, unethical, and many of its aspects are bound to collapse; ethics is not a question that legal systems should decide- and the CGPL is a p2p agreement among autonomous people who value community to be ethical. below are some of my commen
 ts on what has been told so far: