Re: [ox-en] Translation complete: GNU/Linux - Milestone on the Way to the GPL Society

Hi Michael and list!

Last week (7 days ago) Michael Bouwens wrote:
I have a question, are companies like Red hat etc..
selling the exchange value of free software, or
rather, are they selling the bundled services that
they build around it. It seems to me that when free
software, with its obligation to be accessible to all,
and available through many places on the net, that it
is very difficult to maintain its exchange value in
supply and demand terms. So what these companies are
selling is their own added value in temrs of services
,i.e. peace of mind for business owners

Yes, they sell some added value. Especially RedHat is a good example
which meanwhile mainly sells added value to business customers while
they gave up selling to end users.

Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.