[ox-en] FLOSS Manuals Launch Party!

FLOSS Manuals Launch Party!
1800, Friday Oct 19, 2007
The Netherlands Media Art Institute (Montevideo), Amsterdam

FLOSS Manuals (http://www.flossmanuals.net) is pushing the big green
'go' button on Friday Oct 19, 2007. Over the last months we have been
getting our design and code in place, making our wiki not look like a
wiki, building a community of free documentation writers, writing a
plan, and ... writing quality free manuals about free software!

Now everything is in place and it's time to launch FLOSS Manuals and
celebrate the beginning of something beautiful. We also wish to
celebrate FLOSS Manuals recent prize (15,000 Euro) awarded by the
Digital Pioneers Academy.

We would like to invite you to celebrate with us at our launch party!

The evening will begin with a short introduction from Adam Hyde, Founder
of FLOSS Manuals, followed by a cutting of the tape, drinks and nibbles,
and lead into a performance by FLOSS Manuals Blender maintainer and
internationally acclaimed artist Julian Oliver.

As part of the launch a short documentary about FLOSS Manuals will be
presented on the opening night of the Video Vortex exhibition at the
Netherlands Media Art Institue (19 october, from 17.00).

Additionally, we continue the launch celebrations on December 13 when
another internationally acclaimed artist Derek Holzer (also the FLOSS
Manuals PureData manual maintainer) will host the first FLOSS Manuals
Documentation Workshop together with Adam Hyde.

Join us for the celebration!

FLOSS Manuals Launch Party (free)
Friday Oct 19, 1800 (6pm)
The Netherlands Media Art Institute (Montevideo)
Keizersgracht 264
1016 EV Amsterdam
T 020 6237101
Amsterdam

PureData Documentation Workshop (free)
Thursday Dec 13, 2007 (time to be announced)
The Netherlands Media Art Institute
Limited number of places, contact adam flossmanuals.net to participate.

We wish to thank The Netherlands Media Art Institute for generously
supporting this event.

If you can't make it to the party there will also be a live stream
available (url to be announced - watch the FLOSS Manuals blog for
detals : http://www.flossmanuals.net/blog).

FLOSS Manuals
http://www.flossmanuals.net

Julian Oliver