Re: [ox-en] Labor contradictions

Sun, 23 Dec 2007 10:53:53 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] (GMT) Raoul wrote:

On 4 dic 07, Stefan Meretz wrote:

As stated before: I see not much options, not at the current level of workers fights. (...) Maybe, but this is only a guess, a thinking beyond the capitalist logic can develop during very intense strikes, when there is some time to think beyond the daily work and self-valualisation logic. However, I find it more likely, that single individual persons -- workers in a broad sense -- support free developments in their free time, as we already see it.

Ok. But both realities do not exclude each other. To strike is the most "primitive" step of workers fights.

i remember hearing "luddism" as being phenomenally the first resistive reaction, "unionisation" as the second, and "workers councils" as the third -- the person putting this to me, did so in a manner that suggested an almost logically progression to the three steps, in that as folk failed to achieve their desired aims by carrying out their forms of association, they necessarily adopted, or changed in to a new, more conscious form

-- adam