Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Thanks Michel for bringing up that point!

list-en oekonux.org writes:

i think it's also important to recognize, that these forms or structures,
that embody and support these different kinds of consciousness can be
'habitual' and 'informal', rather than 'explicit/formal'... so even when a
community has rejected the conventional forms of organization which could
be
seen as embodying primary mentality (voting, majority rules, bureaucratic
structures, etc...)

it's still the case, that the community will tend to have a particular
'culture', or 'way of doing things'... and that culture will not
necessarily
be 'secondary' since as individuals, we still tend to carry the "primary
mentality" within us, even in the absence of conventional forms of
organization...

I have had extensive conversations about this with a friend whom I owe
a lot theoretically.

He brought up the issue that there are big cultural differences totally
neglected in Marxist theory, not in Marx ouvre thouh. Marx took the issue
dead serious, as his letter to Vera Sassulitsch and his long preparatory
studies show.

The question is: are there some cultures habitually more prone to adapt
cooperative schemes of production? Particulary in Eastern cultures.

I think this deserves very much attention from our side. It occurs to me
that the Oekonux conference never dealt with that subject - "P2P traditions
and new possibilities in the information age".

Cant go more into the subject now, maybe others can pitch in.

Franz