[ox-en] Fwd: freehacking union

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zed A. Shaw <zedshaw zedshaw.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: open design communities
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 gmail.com>

Just FYI, feel free to show up or just watch from a distance.

Hey,

This is a quick form mail I'm shooting to the people who were
interested in the Freehackers Union.  Sorry for not making it more
personal, but the response was big enough and I've got a lot to do to
get this going. :-)

Right now it looks like there's a few people all over who want to setup
chapters, so I'm looking at trying to get that going.  Here's what I'm
doing to make that happen:

1) Someone hooked up a IRC channel for me on irc.freenode.org that I
want everyone to come join so we can hash out our evil plans.  Join
#freehackersunion at irc.freenode.org.  My nick is zedas.

2) I'm setting up a mailing list system that we can use to continue the
discussion and to coordinate our activities.

3) I'll be doing a web site for FU that lays out what we come up with
as values and describes how to join or start a chapter.

4) I've got someone working on a sweet logo, which I'll have everyone
take a look at and give their vote.

When you get a chance, join the IRC channel (#freehackersunion on
freenode.org) and tell everyone when you're free for a meeting tomorrow
over IRC.  We'll spend about an hour thinking up what to do for our
first meeting.

See ya there!

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:41:18 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]