[ox-en] Re: [p2p-research] The Case for Energy As P2P Currency

Hi Stan,

Thank you for the background on the existing, so-called "free market"
economy.

However, the way we have the economy now is completely bananas!

We've started from scratch with a new economic model, and we went through
the following:

1. Let's make money smarter by adding metadata to each transaction (which
requires verifiable transparency on the part of the producers.. think of the
list of ingredients on packaged foods as one example, and in case of
manufactured goods they should contain a list of ingredients as well as a
list of by products and any environmental waste... this is what Obama can do
to help)

2. Let's replace interest with peer credits, so we can have a model that
enables "the more you share the more you have"

2. Let's make money = potential energy. The problem was that per the
thermodyanmic model of the economy, actual energy is what would be
transferred between the nodes of an economy, not potential energy, yet
actual energy has an absolute value so what happens to the concept of price
of energy?

3. Looking at the thermoeconomic model (first considered in the 60s), I
realized that it can be used quite nicely with the peer credits concept
(which is enabled by a P2P trading client + search engine) to enable the
heterodox combination of an absolute-value currency for an actual
(non-hybridized) thermoeconomy with the "wealth building through sharing"
idea behind peer credits. So now we have currency that doesn't depreciate or
appreciate while having the ability and incentive (both social and
capitalistic) to build wealth.

It's a combination of many ideas that seem to gel.

So that's what I'm pushing for, and the next challenge is to roll out a game
that is addictive in both the yin and yang aspects and that stimulate people
to think different about money and the economy.

The model in its latest evolution can be found at:
http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Social_Currency_Model

Thanks again for the feedback/background.

Marc