[ox-en] Updated: P2P Social Currency Model

Updated the intro in order to reduce confusion about what the model is
and isn't.

--

Model's Goal:

Money is one of the fundamental elements of today's society.

Changing what money is and how it works will fundamentally change
society itself.

The model described herein is developed in the hope of stimulating
people to think different about money, energy and the economy, and to
take some of these ideas and adapt them for their own communities, or
join us in our game/simulation project (see: Collaboration.)

Model's Background:

We have just watched our monetary system take a dive from the 110th
floor (see: global economic meltdown 2008)

Prior to the collapse, very few people questioned the status quo.

The mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" was still prevalent,
despite clear signs that we were headed for a credit bubble.

Very few people felt that it would lead to the unraveling of the
economy, and very few people think that now, even after the world's
economy has seen tens of trillions of dollars disappear overnight.

This is bound to change as more people begin to look for an
alternative to an unsustainable status quo.

Model's Nature:

At the surface, this model is not intended to change the nature of the
current economic system, but this author believes that it can do just
that, by modifying the 'scarcity driven' behavior and attitudes of
people through a new way of thinking about energy, money and the
economy.

Having said that, this model is intended to act as a bridge between
the present and a potential future, not define the future per se,
since the future can only be decided by those who build it.

~~~

'hope this helps!

Full model available at: http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Social_Currency_Model