Re: [ox-en] Democracy and peer production

Hi Diego and all!

Yesterday Diego Saravia wrote:
I agree, free soft communities (I do not speak about other p2p, because I
dont know) are highly
hierarquical, as usual in movements developed  over anarquist ideas,
creative, intelectual an art focused, a small group of people gives the
"brain power" that leads. Others follows and contribute.

And this even applies to software developers which in my experience
are a social group with lots of individuality and (thus?) are usually
opposed to any kind of leadership.

Indeed I think the crucial question is: Why do people behave so
differently in jobs and in Free Software? I'd think because of the
non-alienation of those who lead. Or am I wrong with my assumption?
Probably worth another nice study about Free Software developers...