Re: [ox-en] keimform.de: Reopening the Commons: Reversing the Enclosure

There are indeed differences, but not as big as you think. Material goods
are *limited*, but not necessarily *scarce*: whether or not there is enough
land for all people can't be decided up-front,

its not something we can decide, its a fact, its part of "our reality"

but it depends on how we
share and use the land.

yes

can we decide how we grow?

can we stop being invaded?

Today if yo do not have nuclear power and if you don t obey, you will
be invaded.

So we have to deal with the limitedness of land and other resources, but we
don't have to accept them as scarce. Scarcity is a social phenomenon.

yes is a social phenomena, but the only way to not have it, is stoping
growth or having negative growth

at least humankind or even more: life on earth, have no capacity to
stop trying to grow. If you stop other will take the place.

in fact capital, (I use the word capital as including land) is the
actual limit, so it's scarce

We could think about a society were people is the limit, some times in
our evolution capital was not the limit to grow, people were. In that
time population grow until a new scarse limit apears.

Now we are trying to limit population because we have another limits.

I dont know if we can stop. There are articles thinking about a
maximun in 2050. But with a complete devasted earth. I do not see any
chances to reduce population to a limit in witch we do not have
economic scarcity.

perhaps I am wrong.

--
Diego Saravia