[ox-en] The Global Square: a call for coders to build the platform

sorry for cross posting !!

Posted on February 17,
2012<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/the-global-square-a-call-for-coders-to-build-the-platform-roar/>
by OrsanSenalp <http://snuproject.wordpress.com/author/orsans/>

By Pedro Noel On February 14, 2012
[image: Post image for The Global Square: a call for coders to build the
platform]*The Global Square — a proposal launched on ROAR last year — is
starting to take shape. Now we need coders to help us build the actual
platform!*Call from our partners at WikiLeaks
Central<http://wlcentral.org/node/2456>:

*The Global Square
<http://46.183.217.125/gs/wiki/wiki/index.php/Main_Page> (original
proposal/project description
here<http://roarmag.org/2011/11/the-global-square-an-online-platform-for-our-movement/>)
aims to be the first massive decentralized social network in the history of
the Internet. We are aware of the difficulties we must overcome, but we
believe the Internet Community has reached a point where such an initiative
is possible. It is possible because we are more united; censorship and
repression have created stronger bonds between those who care about freedom
and the free flow of information. How can we achieve this goal?*

*Structure: organizing humanity in a single collective*

The Global Square is to be an easy to use social and work platform for
individuals and groups. One of the main goals is that it should have very
low barriers of entry for inexperienced users, making it as easy as
possible for them to contribute work, interact and use the various tools at
their disposal. Another goal is that the Global Square be expandable to
allow global coordinated and efficient work in every system. The Global
Square recognizes the principles <http://wlcentral.org/node/2445> of
personal privacy as a basic right of individuals and transparency to all
users as an obligation for public systems.

Continue reading
→<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/the-global-square-a-call-for-coders-to-build-the-platform-roar/#more-1969>