Message 00050 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [ox-en] (Fwd) [Fsfe-ie] Irish proposal on software patents passed

A bit off-topic,

In short, a small cabal of unelected beaurocrats are seeking to
rewrite European law to increase their own powers and appease their
friends in industry.  They are doing so against the express wishes of
the EU's democratically elected representatives in the European
Parliament.  To achieve this goal they are using every trick in the
book to minimise or evade democratic scrutiny and accountability.

   Here in America we are a few years past this complaint :)
And we've streamlined things a bit - our "unelected beaurocrat" is the same as the "democratically elected representative". Far less confusion this way... Only have to deal with one entity... Much better than the old way of doing things...

Message 00050 [Homepage] [Navigation]