Message 00076 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Tools for the journal (was: Re: [jox] Draft CFP)

Hi Mathieu and all!

Last week (13 days ago) Mathieu O'Neil wrote:
It's quite an extensive site but I thought it was worth a mention so everyone and particularly our website maintainers can get a sense of what is out there...

Thank you very much for this. The most interesting point in this
regard you overlooked, however: The `Open Journal System`_ seems to be
a software suite for the type of journal we want.

.. _Open Journal System: http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ojs

May be we can use this but it may depend on whether we can integrate
it in Plone. Well, it is a PHP based system so this is probably a bit
difficult (and PHP has a bad name because lots of security issued :-(
). In any case we can use it as a blueprint for something we create
ourselves.

While I'm at it I checked for Plone integrated solutions and found
PSJ_. This looks like it is in it's early stages, however.

.. _PSJ: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/psj.site

It would be of course interesting to have a Plone product as complex
as OJS...

Message 00076 [Homepage] [Navigation]