Message 00078 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] Fwd: VIRT3C Hull Call For Papers 26-28 March 2010

Hi everyone,
perhaps of interest to the journal as an event ; )

----------------

Hello,

We would be grateful if you could have a look at this call below, and
forward to your colleagues and collaborators.

With best wishes,

The organising team<http://virt3c.wordpress.com/organizing-conference-team/>
(Athina Karatzogianni, Michel Bauwens, Majid Yar, George Michaelides)

*********************

CALL FOR PAPERS <http://virt3c.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/>
<http://virt3c.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/>

The Inaugural Interdisciplinary Conference of the Virtual Communication,
Collaboration and Conflict (VIRT3C <http://virt3c.wordpress.com/about/>)
Research Group at the University of Hull

VRT3C Hull 2010 Developing the Virtual Society: Conflict in Adoption of
Collaborative Networks
26-28 March

Keynote speakers: <http://virt3c.wordpress.com/key-notes/>

Gabriella Coleman<http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/faculty_bios/view/Gabriella_Coleman>[Media,
Culture, and Communication, NYU]
<http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/faculty_bios/view/Gabriella_Coleman>

Mathieu O’Neil <http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php>[Paris
Sorbonne – Paris IV]
<http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php>

Public Keynote: TBA

Our plenary theme is ‘Developing the Virtual Society: Conflict in Adoption
of Online Collaborative Networks’. As virtual society develops and peer
technologies pump in its heart, this conference brings together academics of
all disciplines to discuss conflict in the adoption of collaborative
networks. This is a time of confrontation between older forms of
communication and organization and new ways of sharing, collaborating and
acting collectively. We seek to explore conflicts emerging in the transition
from and resistance to horizontal participatory networks and also conflict
within collaborative networks. We welcome suggestions for panels and papers
on any area relating to our theme, and particularly in the following areas:

•    Network Theory
•    P2P and FLOSS methology adoption
•    FLOSS methology
•    Open source conflicts and forking
•    Adoption by NGOs and the developing world
•    Adoption by social movements, hacktivism, cyberconflict
•    Institutional resistance to networks
•    Online P2P Places and Conflicts

We encourage especially contributions, but not limiting, to politics,
economics, computer science, business, psychology, sociology, and law.

With your abstract of no more than 300 words please include the following
information:

Name, postal address, email
Institutional affiliation and position (if applicable)

Please send abstracts in Word or pdf format to the organisers at
athina.k gmail.com
Provisional Deadline for abstracts: 15th January 2010

Message 00078 [Homepage] [Navigation]