Message 00247 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] Signal categories [was: Cutting the Knot]

Hi all

Here is a stab at establishing and defining ways to signal what we think of published articles, based on our original list modified following last week's interventions.

Please criticise and improve as you see fit.

=-=-=
   	 	 	 	 	<!-- 		@page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } 		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } 	--> 	     	 	 	 	 	<!-- 		@page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } 		P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } 	-->
A_Objective categories
 -activist (article proposes a critique of social injustice and/or a normative solution)
 -academic (article corresponds to typical academic research article)
 -prospective (article is based on developments that have not yet occurred)
 -formalised (article is based on formal logic or mathematical technique)
 -language quality (standard of English in article is excellent)
 ...?

 B_Subjective categories
 -relevance (article addresses a significant issue)
 -comprehesiveness (most related sources are mentioned in article)
 -logical flow (ideas are well organised in article)
 -originality (the argument presented in article is new)
 -commendations (reviewers wish to signal their appreciation of the article

...?

=-=-=

cheers,

Mathieu