Message 00653 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Free Software Special Issue

Hi all

No Lincoln, you are talking about a different model where journals only publish (what they consider to be) 100% excellent papers: with our nifty "signals" (formerly know as "ratings") we can publish papers that are only (what we consider to be) say 65% excellent because we will "signal" that we are aware of that. It is then up to the author to decide whether they are happy to publish with those signals... Of course if we get a complete piece of shit that makes no sense that would be different, but such a paper would be weeded out from the start. So once a paper has been accepted for review and been through the review process it is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the journal... albeit a "signaled" one.. thats our philosophy anyway.

I am thinking that this journal is published and supported by Oekonux but has not yet published anything by/about Oekonux...
@StefanMn and StefanMz: if you don't have time to write something completely new is there perhaps a 7-9,000 words paper on ox / peer production in German that we could translate into English for the next issue? Now would be the perfect time to get this out as the next three issues after that will be themed... We can discuss offlist if you prefer.

cheers,

Mathieu