Message 00847 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Request for information - non-peer reviewed content

Hi Jacob,

interesting point, though I guess my approach is quite different, i.e. by
divorcing the idea of the market from capitalism (i.e. defend the freedom
of trade and enterprise within a civic and commons-oriented economy) one
allays the fears that communism would mean an authoritiarian imposition of
collectivism ... that does not mean however, any compromise with
informational capitalism ... actuallty, if one talks with occupy and
indignados one quickly discovers the prevalence of libertarian impulses,
this is in no way a 'communist' movement ... but one can accompanty and
speed up the maturation of awareness that happens through resistance and
social creation.

I personally believe that the full phase transition is indeed a few decades
away still, but that depends less on 'our' persuasion than on equallly
important objective evolution, such as the inability of the mainstream
system to deliver, the violence of their assault, the maturity of
alternatives and yes the awareness and organisation of the workers,

Michel