Message 00863 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel Bauwens

hi Stefan,

this observation is based on repeated dialogue with the other Stefan, who
insisted repeatedly that neither politics nor social struggles had any
import ..

actually, even in your whole series about the aspects of peer production,
your 'beyond' series, I also got an impression that they are described
separate from their embeddedness in the overall political economy. For
example, you can say peer production is beyond labour, but at the same
time, people who have no access to income, cannot sustain such activity,
and hence there is a deep interpenetration between the continuation of peer
production projects and the need to work with for-profit enterprises ...

to my mind, you cannot discuss one without the other, and you need specific
counter-proposals and a counter-strategy

but in the years I was participating in Oekonux, I have never heard much
attention paid on such counterstrategy ... For example, take Christian
Siefkes excellent work, it is a brillant description how things could be in
an integral p2p society, but I do not get any sense of how to get from
'here' to 'there'.

so Stefan, certainly no evil intent, I'm just partaking of my judgment, and
I'd be happy to hear that I'm mistaken