[ox-en] Re: press release critique

 || On Wed, 2 May 2001 11:15:35 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]
 || Bernhard Reiter <bernhard intevation.de> wrote:

 br> ...
 br> The FSF and RMS are indeed encouraging commercial Free Software.
 br> (Some quotes below:
 br> 	http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html
 br> 	http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/selling.html
 br> ...

I agree with Bernhard here. There is only two small things I'd like to
add:

 1. We (meaning the FSF and FSF Europe) very deliberately speak of
    Free Software in the "freedom, not free beer" way. We would speak
    of "Free Software as in freedom AND free beer" otherwise.

 2. One of the freedoms that is very important is the freedom to make
    a living off good work. Personally I believe Free Software is good
    work.

As Pim van Riezen stated quite correctly: the central goal of Free
Software is freedom, not money. But there is nothing bad or unethical
about making money with Free Software.

Regards,
                Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 (http://fsfeurope.org)