[ox-en] reputation (was Re: Open Money?)

Reputation is created over time - good and bad - if you want people to take more of your cc, you have to perform accordingly - do what you say.

In some circuits of exchange, reputation will be very important and in others not so much because people know each other. In one of the systems i may have a good reputation because i am good and reliable but in another - say the soccer pool - my reputation is poor because i lose all the time.

However, we are talking about the issuing of cc. There are other ways of acquiring cc, just like with normal money - ie earning it by doing useful work, and everybody has something useful to contribute. Moreover, because there is a plentiful supply, people will pay well for those kinds of goods and services that they really want - like childcare which is at the bottom of the scale in normal money.

The problem is that people tend to apply what they know about normal money to LETS/cc. It is a completely different kind of money and creates completely different patterns of exchange.

ernie