Re: [ox-en] positive intellectual rights

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Graham Seaman wrote:

Phillippe Aigrain has an excellent article on 'positive intellectual
rights' (well, maybe it's old news, but I hadn't seen it before):
http://opensource.mit.edu/papers/aigrain.pdf

  I had not read it yet eithor, thanks for the pointer.

Basically he's saying that rather than just defending old rights against
new IP laws, we should be proposing positive alternatives. He has a list
of 8 positive rights, all of which sound absolutely spot-on to me.

  We have started to try to adopt this philosophy with the forum I'm
involved in in Canada.  See http://www.flora.org/dmca/forum/601 for an
opening of the discussion of the "consumer bill of rights", as seen at
http://digitalconsumer.org/

---
 See http://weblog.flora.org/ for announcements, activities, and opinions
 Get Legal - become Free! http://weblog.flora.ca/article.php3?story_id=126