Re: [ox-en] open standards

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Timm Murray wrote:

Thus, all you need to make sure everyone knows you invented a device is to
throughly document it and slap a copyright notice on the documentation (you'd
probably want a BSD-style license).

(Of course, I am not a lawyer. I don't know how applicable this is to
international IP law.  And there is the whole problem of Theory vs.
Practice.)

I don't know how legally valid this is either, but for proof of prior art
you may need to put it somewhere public like:
http://swpat.ffii.org/purci/index.en.html
IIRC, under German law, timestamps are recognized by the courts in some
way, hence the timestamping on this site. There's been some discussion of
using the site for hardware designs too, though I don't think anyone has
actually bothered in the end.

- --
There are things worse than Perl . . . ASP comes to mind.
		--"Shinobi", irc.openprojects.org, #debian
Humph. I don't think I like that sig... s/Perl/Java/gi; ;-)

Graham