Re: [ox-en] peru continued

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Chris Croome wrote:

Hi

On Fri 26-Jul-2002 at 01:26:51 -0400, Graham Seaman wrote:

I'll have to try to find somewhere more sensible to put this
material...

I guess you have seen the article on Slashdot?

Yes, that illustrates the problem: the wired article, which slashdot
reflects, doesn't give any url for the actual documents, as well as some
other errors. I tried putting my bit on slashdot earlier, but it got
ignored. Similarly, barrapunto is now reflecting the slashdot story (again
with the reference to the wired article), but with people doubting its
veracity for lack of the original documents. So I tried posting it there
as a comment, but of course it gets drowned out by the volume of other
posts and doesn't get noticed.. So I've ended up just posting to odd
mailing lists, in the hope that at some point a journalist will notice
that the scanned documents actually do exist... I think maybe next
time I'll trying sending things to the register instead.. :-)

Cheers
Graham

Chris