Re: [ox-en] Spreading the word

Stefan Meretz escreveu:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 00:16, Graham Seaman wrote:
>
>>Hey Stefan, I think you're being a little hard on Pietro - reading too
>>much into what he said.
>
> If I did: sorry for that, Pietro!

no problem. i shouldn't have written that. maybe it was a lack of
english skills. falling in the binary reformism/revolution is going
to take us nowhere.

>>of several other phrases without all the historical baggage you're
>>trying to read into it. And in context, I think Pietro is perfectly
>>right - the Brazilian govt is likely (well, depending what happens in
>>the next week or so) to be using free software soon anyway, so taking
>>that as a long-term goal (10-15 years) is a little unambitious to say
>>the least. The fact that Europe is being left behind is another
>>problem..

in fact i haven't tought that way. anyway that 10-15 years goal is really unambitious.

>>>Because being inside the process we cannot decide,
>>>what is right/wrong, reformist/revolutionary, good/bad etc. And there
>>>is no standpoint outside.
>>
>>But that sentence mystifies me - surely you are always in some process,
>>and you always have to decide what's good or bad with no outside help?
>

> What du you mean with "ouside help" -- god? (Don't take "god" too serious,
> this can also be "real truth theory" etc.)

if think he meant we don't need anyone else point to us and saying: "this is good, that is bad. do this, don't do that." we should decide that ourselves.

>>Or a German one? Or, even better, an international one? Pietro? How
>>about a Brazilian contribution? If it's not possible to publish a
>>multilingual book, I'd be happy to help translate it into English...
>>But if it's an e-book surely readers can select which languages they
>>want to read which chapters (of those available in translation) in?

wouldn't the book be a result of Oekonux Konferenz? i think i'd be able to publish a portuguese translation. i know the owner of a publishing house that makes lot of money selling mangas. he was trotskist and now is kind of situationist. and published some radical books like "Luther Blisset's" ones nd TAZ and a few others. i think he would be very interrested about publishing Oekonux book. about a brazilian contribuition - well, im' busy with the anti-ftaa protests untill november 1st, after that i'd be able to write something. is there a dealine?

> Wow - the oekonux e-book!

that's cool. just don't use any adobe format :-)

> This would be very, very cool, but most ambitious.

we need to think about a middle term.

pietro.