Re: [ox-en] #creative on irc.freenode.net

Lance <lance_tt bellsouth.net> wrote:
Just to let you guys know there is a new channel on irc.freenode.net,

Sorry.  I do not generally use freenode/OPN because of their stated goal of
rewriting IRC.  This has had many effects, including breaking some clients
that correctly implement the IRC protocol.  When the time comes to replace
IRC, let's do it cleanly and maybe run proxies.

I generally suggest that people with free software projects consider
networks serving similar projects without rewriting IRC, such as oftc.net,
or a network that they know the operators of.

Thanks,

MJR