Re: [ox-en] Sound recordings from the conference

Hi Joel!

Last week (9 days ago) Joel R Schlosberg wrote:
I started to listen to Bauwens's presentation on
peer-to-peer.  Hearing recordings is a nice change
from only reading text.

Yes :-) . I like it particularly to listen to the presentations during
biking or on a (rare) longer trip by car.

If you want, I'd like to volunteer to type up
transcripts of some of the English-language
presentations for inclusion in the documentation
section (and possibly on the "texts" section of the
Oekonux site) - this would be useful for people with
low bandwidth who don't want to download the whole
audio file.

I would certainly include it on the site so feel encouraged :-) .

However, for the most presentations there is some text documentation,
too. Michel Bauwens's text for instance is next in my queue. To save
work you should better check the written text against the recording.
It makes little sense to retype what is already written.

About the "texts" section: Good idea! I'll add a link to the
conference documentation immediately.

There's also a format in the Ogg project called
Speex that is designed for compressing spoken speech
(though I don't know to what degree it's supported
on players) - see
http://www.speex.org/

Is there enough webspace to host files in more than
one format?

Unfortunately not. Actually we are lucky if everything fits in the
available space. Perhaps I even have to reduce the quality.

It might be useful to add the file sizes (since some
of the files are quite large), language, and
presenters' names to the page.

You are right. I should make a page with the links to all relevant
data. I try to remember this.