Re: [ox-en] suggested term

On Wed, 21 May 2003, johan soderberg wrote:

okey, it isnt the biggest step towards crushing copyright regime, but
every little thing counts...

  I am tryinig a different approach -- and that is to try to get
traditional creators to recognize the Free Software movement as a movement
to protect (not hinder) creators' rights.   I am attending the AGM of the
Canadian Creators' Rights Alliance in Ottawa (yesterday and today), and
doing what I can to have them join (rather than oppose) us.

http://www.digital-copyright.ca/discuss/1888

Hilight one section:

"  He suggested that creators have what he calls the "Stalkholm Syndrome".
Essentially some hostages in Stalkholm had warm feelings toward their
captors both during and after they were hostages.   This relationship is
similar to creators and intermediaries where their interests are obviously
not the same (and creators are often like hostages of powerful media
intermediaries), and yet there is this inappropriate warm feeling felt
toward them. "

---
 Governance software that controls ICT, automates government policy, or
 electronically counts votes, shouldn't be bought any more than
 politicians should be bought.  -- http://www.flora.ca/russell/