Re: [ox-en] role of science and universities

On Donnerstag 09 Oktober 2003 09:44, Franz Nahrada wrote:
Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller schreibt:
[rant about universities]

I think this is a dangerous conclusion. I would see it the
other way round:

I think there are a two points that need clarification:

 * I was talking about todays universities, not about those of
   previous centuries or science in general.

 * I don't believe that the place matters, so the 'conclusion' is
   not really a conclusion (as one premise is IMHO wrong).

I fully agree with your answer, but I doubt that the universities
can be reformed. I guess that instead, science will move out
from there sooner or later and find its new home on the
internet.

cu,
Thomas }:o{#
-- - http://217.160.174.154/~sloyment/ - --
"Look! They have different music on the dance floor..."