Re: [ox-en] Request about Posting and Replying

Hi!

3 weeks (27 days) ago Benj Mako Hill wrote:
Sorry for the annoying request but I wanted to ask people to, when
posting a message on a new topic to this list (and other lists as
well), not simply hit the reply button and change the subject but to
compose a new message.

In every message, there is an hidden field that marks the message as a
reply to another message. The list archives and for some people's
mail readers (like mine) take this information and use it to sort
messages into threads, as you might experience on a threaded web-based
discussion board or news group. One can then manipulate messages based
on thread and so forth. By hitting reply and changing the subject,
this threading is broken.

Sorry to be annoying but if you can remember, please don't reply
unless it's a reply. I usually don't post these sorts of message but
this list has gotten TONS of these false replies over the last month
and I'd thought I'd bring it up.

I wholeheartedly agree :-) . Especially the threaded index is confused
with such non-replies.

Ahm - and it's perfectly ok to raise such issues.