Re: Theft WAS Re: [ox-en] The term "intellectual property"
- From: Adam Moran <adam diamat.org.uk>
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:03:34 +0000
Graham Seaman wrote:
Proudhon took part in the debate over intellectual property ... in the specific case of copyright his argument was
1. The author of a text is initially the owner of all rights in it.
2. The author may sell these rights; eg. to a publisher
3. As soon as anyone has published the text, ownership has been
transferred to the public.
If right, that's exactly the proposal of Boldrin and Levine now.
Thanks Graham. I was not aware of any of this.
May be we should unfold Proudhon's thoughts in to this thread.
May be they already are ;)