[ox-en] Re: GPL Restrictive (and all the rest of those threads that this grew out of)

Graham
have you read Empire?
Do you reject the thesis that capital has a single logic of rule?
Do we not require global solutions to counter this? martin Seaman writes:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Martin Hardie wrote:
Comrades
(!)

On Thursday 13 November 2003 20:24, Graham Seaman wrote:
> That link refers specifically to software developed by government funded
> research bodies, which is one of Microsofts targets. The links wre in no way meant to be complete...just a sample so to pull one up and dismiss is sort of misses the point.

No, I think you're missing my point ;-)
Which is that the effective attack being mounted by M$ and allies is not a
general ideological one, but a very carefully targetted one aimed at a
number of individual points: licenses to be used by universities is one;
software to be used by government departments is another. A counter which
concentrates only on creating a universally valid ideology is going to
lose all the battles before it gets remotely close to winning the war. Graham

http://openflows.org/~auskadi