Re: Documentation Standards was Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

Sorry for the gigantic "Peace on Earth" post.  I'm working on a shortened
version...

  Note that the lack of ability to restrict in a partisan way has come up
as a negative with FLOSS in some political parties.  I've had folks say
that they want something to be free/libre for all citizens, but not
competing political parties.  The same thing with folks who want software
to be free/libre for all citizens, but not for corporation, unions,
militaries, or whatever other types of organizations they happen to not
like that day.

  FLOSS needs to be free/libre for everyone, including ones enemies.

Free Software doesn't restrict persons, it restricts action.

The action it restricts is nearly identical to that of 'closed' software in
that it disallows the removal of a lock.

Closed software locks the IP (Imaginary Property) gate closed.

Public Domain (and to some degree BSD/Artistic licenses) leave the gate
unlocked.

The GPL locks the gate open.

The reason this is so important to humanity is because IP is NOT property.
IP is an excuse to disallow my synapses their full functionality.  IP
cripples consumers to increase dependency.  The goal of IP law is to
eventually locked closed all human intellect.

RMS recognized this as a form of oppression and found a hack to keep the
elite from removing our independence.