Re: [ox-en] Re: "We Seize!" report - Tuesday

Hi Martin and all!

Just a very short reply. BTW: Mako and Alan is here also and they may
have their own thoughts about this. Personally I'm not interested in
the details of this incident but the social dynamic happening here is
interesting - and which lessons could be learned to not fall into this
trap again.

8 minutes ago auskadi wrote:
But why do people think the police intervened?

It would be good to hear views on this from people there (via you) or from
people on the list (we are still talking I think)

I will not say why I think just yet but it is interesting that this happened
to somethign hat i understand was a place to hold workshops for floss
related things etc..

During dinner I had some very interesting discussion yesterday evening
with Jamie, Alan and others. I think one of the lessons to be learned
is that this would not have happened when this event would not have
been taken place in parallel to the official summit. There was some
agreement that choosing this date and place for something which has
been actually laid out as a working event was really a bad idea.

Personally I'd add that it is interesting which people are attracted
by which type of event. I mean if most of the people yesterday would
*really* have been interested in the conference happening then we
could have done that at least in some reduced way yesterday. IMHO it
would have been perfectly possible to have some 3-5 people groups who
sort out all the details while the remaining people could have at
least some conference.

But now I have to leave to have something to report on ;-) .