Re: [ox-en] Nazi in Debian Alert

Hi Paul!

Your mail really embarrassed me. My reply is kind of ironic - to say
the least.

3 days ago Paul Bowman wrote:
On the night of 4-5 Jan I was initialy looking for an online text of the
(somewhat obscure) nazi Francis Parker Yockey's text "Imperium" which I
found on the following nazi webite:

I think these people will be grateful now being referenced by the
Oekonux project:

	http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg01917.html

Since Oekonux seems to be ranked high in Google they now will inherit
some of the good reputation of Oekonux. Good job, Paul!

The horrifying part
was when I realised that Jonathan Walther (said nazi in question) was a
current member of the Debian development team "in good standing" so to
speak.

You seem to believe that the Free Software movement should be shaped
the way *you* think the Free Software movement should be. I'm for one
am lucky that this is not the case. Indeed we can not talk about a
Free Software movement which is driven by political correctness of any
kind - because such a thing would *never* have existed at all.

After staying up all night searching everywhere and drawing a
blank I then passed on a warning to RMS and Bruce Perens.

This is exactly the kind of advice these guys need. They are soooo
stupid and just wait for you to tell them how they should do their
work and with who.

Obviously as well as
any political or ethical issues, there is a personal security issue in
that Walther may well be passing on personal address and other
security-sensitive details of folks within the FLOSS movement to his
"racial comrades".

And you really think that you can do this only if you are an active
member of Debian. Paul, how about learning something about the
openness of Free Software projects?

Since that time, despite a fairly hostile attitude from Perens and the
Debian crowd ("Let's play shoot the messenger!") they have, from what
little I can see from the outside (I am not currently a Debian
developer), completely failed to deal with the issue in any serious way.

From your description I think they dealt with the issue in exactly the
way right to *them*. Paul, go and set up your own political correct
Debian fork if you don't like how they proceed.

Given that I have allowed them over 2 weeks grace to sort their problems
out internally

Unbelievable! You are *sooo* graceful - and they did *not* do what you
wanted. This is particularly remarkable because you pointed out that
you are in exactly *no* position to tell them what is good or bad for
them.

fucking Yanks!
Californian rubbish
there are days when I loathe Americans...

I have big difficulties to distinguish this language from that of
those "racial comrades" you mentioned. In particular I find it
noticeable that you loathe inhabitants of one (continental counting)
or two (anglo-american counting) continents. Why not just judge people
by the color of their skin?

these cunts

If anything, STOP CALLING PEOPLE NAMES HERE!!

FYI:....

I hope for you that your quote from Bruce Perens is not taken from a
private mail.