[ox-en] Nazi in Debian Alert

On the night of 4-5 Jan I was initialy looking for an online text of the (somewhat obscure) nazi Francis Parker Yockey's text "Imperium" which I found on the following nazi webite:

http://reactor-core.org/secret/

I then checked out the site root http://reactor-core.org/ which puzzled me a little bit until I realised that the webmaster was clearly trying to present one face tothe world whilst hiding another by the moronic "trick" of not putting a link to his "secret" page on the site root. (Obviously never heard of search engines... duh!). The horrifying part was when I realised that Jonathan Walther (said nazi in question) was a current member of the Debian development team "in good standing" so to speak. After staying up all night searching everywhere and drawing a blank I then passed on a warning to RMS and Bruce Perens. The former as "Walther" had rather cheekily put him as the second to last link on his top-level page and then openly put a link to a nazi site (Yggdrasil) smack bang underneath him (though an atheist by confession, rms is Jewish by descent in case anyone hadn't already realised that). I also ended up selecting Bruce Perens because I was aware of him through the UserLinux list (and the whole "OS vs FS" thingy, obviously) and he was the only name that I knew in relation to Debian. Obviously as well as any political or ethical issues, there is a personal security issue in that Walther may well be passing on personal address and other security-sensitive details of folks within the FLOSS movement to his "racial comrades".

Since that time, despite a fairly hostile attitude from Perens and the Debian crowd ("Let's play shoot the messenger!") they have, from what little I can see from the outside (I am not currently a Debian developer), completely failed to deal with the issue in any serious way. Given that I have allowed them over 2 weeks grace to sort their problems out internally (I consider it basic solidarity to allow organisations a chance to deal with serious issues internally - though both Perens and those Debian insiders I have been in contact with have completely failed to show me a shred of even the most basic human solidarity by completely disobeying my requests for discretion and passing on my private emails to them direct to Walther - and thus, by extension, my mortal enemies, endangering my job and potentially, my life - fucking Yanks!) and all they've responded with (aside from abuse that is) is a liberal "though I find what he is saying distasteful, I defend to the death his right to say it" style Californian rubbish, I shall respond in kind with an equally inane "liberal" ploy of "the public has a right to know". So now you know. Debian harbours Nazis and no they haven't mentioned it in the last Debian Weekly News so I thought I'd pass it on.

If anyone wants a full copy of the correspondance between myself, Perens, Debian members and the varyingly threatening and pleading emails from Walther himself (yes, these cunts gave him my email address and my name although all they had to do was ask him to explain the "secret" site - there are days when I loathe Americans...), then email me off list and, so long as I can check your bona fides and that you understand the concept of "personal security", then I am happy to pass on the full record that I have.

BTW, if someone could pass on a summary of the relevant information to the German language list, I would be most grateful.

Yours for an open source and anti-nazi society,

Paul Bowman

Leeds AFA (in a personal capacity)
Current FS Project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/heresy/

P.S. I'm away in München for a few days so I'll not be able to respond until Friday.

---

FYI:....
---

My dad fought the Nazis in world war two. There are good ways and bad ways to fight them. Your way is a self-destructive obsession, given your age and circumstances, an incurable one.

Debian developers have rules. We don't discriminate based upon belief, no matter how disgusting that belief is.

I can't help you. I don't want to hear from you again.

  Bruce Perens

Paul Bowman wrote:

By allowing the original email I sent you to go to Jonathan Walther. Please tell me it isn't so. Paul