[ox-en] Re: Hi John WAS Protests at Coca Cola launch - date wrong

Hi John,

I was wondering if you could help ?

I'm trying to obtain an understanding of likely support from various locations for Free Libre Open Source Software.

I was hoping that you may have come across some reference from people you've met and the places you've been to help me gain an understanding.

All the best

--
Adam

Tonight John Smith wrote:
Dear Paul,

I'm sorry about your wasted time, and I hope everyone who can will follow
your example and join in the protest today (Friday).

This is the sequence of events as far as I know.

Mark Thomas, the campaigning comedian, on Tuesday contacted the Colombia
Solidarity Campaign in London with the news of the Coca-Cola stunt that led
to an e-mail to myself and other supporters in Sheffield. We forwarded the
message which you acted on to our various lists. Wednesday evening, Mark
Thomas contacted the CSC with news that the event is to take place on
Friday.
In hindsight, I should have checked the veracity of the information, maybe
by calling the press or the City council, before cascading the call for a
protest.

best wishes

John S

---