Re: [ox-en] The Castle of Crossed Destinies

Three Tales of Madness and Destruction
======================================

III. Bam
--------

My mate, who shall remain nameless in the hope that he may unfold for himself went silently crackers recently. I witnessed it from many positions.

*From working in / owning adjacent businesses.
*From working as business partners
*From acting as his employer
*From acting as his de facto shop steward
*From learning from his business skills - why we physicists have to spend our maths figuring out cash-flows is beyond my comprehension ... well nearly. *From learning from his knowledge of philosophy - he had taken a years sabbatical from his physics doctorate to go slowly but surely mad in his search for *proof*.

He also has a good working knowledge of Neuro Linguistic Programming and has been involved in several 1 - 1 mappings with all kinda folk with feed-back lock-ins.

Now here's the rub. His doctoral thesis is on earthquake prediction - Bam. His conclusion folk, in a nut-shell, is lack of pier-review in the universities is killing people - Bam. His conclusion is that appropriately designed cross-bracing would cost less than all the same old same-old theoretical stuff that's not shared and obscured for no apparent rhyme or reason.

Bam I use as an onomatopoeia. My mate's cross-bracing technique would not have saved many in Bam. He designed it with Greece in mind. Oh how Socrates would laugh / cry now.

 "Take the pens off the Engineers and give them shovels !"

... is always the cry of the site staff ... you can't design in a vacuum ... you don't know what you'll find until you dig and then you redesign, and dig, and redesign and dig, and redesign ... but you do it and the job gets finished.

Anyway he's fit and working again. I told him about Ginni when he couldn't look me in the eyes and I told him to beware of despair.

We get all sorts here. From ones who only go to the doctors if they know what they want, to 17 year old girls turning up at the office in knee-length rabbit fur boots looking a for priest to talk to. Explain that phenomena !

Every behavior has a positive intention. Every ones going mad around here in order not to face reality full on. The war doesn't help. This pattern is repeated throughout history. We have a library at our disposal.

Below is what I said to her having taking advice from my mate Jack who has decamped here after ww2. He knew she was being chased by demons; he quietly played his snooker whilst she explained to me how she knew the future. Turn out you pockets said Magrait and sure enough skunk, mushrooms and nightclub promotion fell out.

"Tell me now" I said to her, "In this future that you have seen, do you see me ?"

 "No" she says

 "Well then, I suspect that you are in the wrong place."

She left. What can you do Jack, what can you do ?

Bread Crumb Trails and Google keep us entwined presently in this real-time phenomena. The software will evolve. The telos steps from metadata to data direct. It steps from static to dynamic to static to push to pull to .rdf to XML to DDT to ......... you name it - it's coming. The spam barons are having a field day carpet-bagging - shame on them.

A life time ago I modeled sewers / rivers using time-series events ... I think perhaps Stefan you are on to something when you write in terms of real-time phenomena.

May be this is Hegel's part in this design - building a model of the real from the rational.

Don't despair at the colour red or from yorkshire folk in general running amuck on the lists.

We have a lot to learn from every colour and I think on this we all agree.

--
Adam
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2004/02/285203.html