Re: [pox] Re: Debian / ox-en And [ox-en] Jonathan

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:40:35PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Adam Moran wrote:
Also, a pretty girl should know better than to walk down
a dark alley.  She has no right to expect safety or security in a town
built by the sweat and toil of her brothers and forefathers.

The last time I read this type of thing was on a statement of a rapist.

You omitted the first sentence of that paragraph, and the paragraph
quoted immediately before it, which clearly showed that I meant the
opposite; that a pretty girl walking down a dark alley shouldn't have
ANY fear for her safety.

You write about your daughter; have you ever been in the position of her primary carer ... I suspect not. If you had you would know that it is the women's sweat and toil

When I visit the farm for weeks at a time, I am the only caregiver.  I'm
not unfamiliar with the work that is involved with kids.  If you think
it's a burden looking after kids in the city, try keeping them out of
the goat-pen!

But if you do it right, it isn't as big a burden as many make it.  The
key is incorporating the children as an organic part of your life, as
opposed to letting them be alien intrusions.  When whole communities
start doing this (like they used to) parenting will be a no-brainer;
people will start having kids again.

I ask that you reconsider your position on this issue and read some feminist theory ... or, as some of my female mates would more elegantly put it:

 "Oh Jonathan - Get a Life." (shake of the head and smile)

I have one thank you.  Am currently filing all applications from those
who want to join me in it. :-)

Jonathan

--
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8 (Canada)
Contact: 604-951-4142 (between 7am and 10pm, PST)