Re: [ox-en] earliest open source licence

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:09:15AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Martin Hardie wrote:
Total self interest here ... when was the first Floss type licence?
which one?
the GPL??

I think it's reasonable to assume that most of the first FLOSS
licenses were basic "do whatever you want with this software" now sort
of "BSD type" licenses.

There were "proto-GPL" copyleft text floating around in the seventies
I believe but it was not really a license. It was more like "in order
to use this software, you must join my software sharing commune."

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill