Re: Fwd: Re: [ox-en] Walther

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

Debian is an explicitly apolitical
organization
debian appears to lack any critical political analysis. But eally if flosss is or has the pretensions you say it has, if debian is part of "gpl" society how can you still sit back there and say it is apolitical. This is nonsense but you keep repeating it. The whole essence of the challenge posed by free software, open source, whathever you call it is POLITICAL. Not political in the sense of the marketig exercse now under way in the U.S. but POLITICAL. I was wonderig where you were...its nice to see you back. But you really have to get over ths apolitical thing. Unless what you are saying is that debian is apolitical in the sense that it is firmly within capital, the liberal rational consensus and the end of history vew of the world IS this what you mean? If so why would you be interested in a political list? Unes you get the wrong idea - these are not insults, and they are nor is it the sort of banter or humour that some of us are able to engage in here. THESE ARE REAL QUESTIONS. ..... in my humble view statements that pen source, free software etc are apolitical are off topic. We should be talking about how and why it is political. Please stick to the reason for being of the list. Politics, value, dfferent ways of building, seeing the world. Stuff of politics:

- the principles of the development of Free Software

and

- how could they provide the foundation of a new economy
  which may be the base for a new society.

--
"the riddle which man must solve, he can only solve in being, in being what he is and not something else...."