Re: [ox-en] Re: usage of software and the CGPL

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:55:12PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], z3118338 wrote:
why do yout hink the CGPL is unenforceable and the GPL is?

Because I don't think you can build a contract that is revoked as soon
as you violate the United Nation's Universal Declaration ofHuman
Rights.

And if you can, the amount of legal fog will make anyone that have some
capital and might be a target for lawsuits shy away from the license. The
GPL is very clear what your responsibilities you have as a licensee. The
OGL (Open Game License) is the opposite, I suspect deliberately made
obscure, so that the licensee can never be quite sure they will not be
sued if they do something the licensor, Wizards of the Coast, do not like.

The effect of an unclear license is that the weaker party is screwed,
since the big dogs can afford expensive lawyers to interpret the small
print whichever way they want.

  - Per