[ox-en] Flash Mob for African Roundtable at Global Learn Day
- From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms ms.lt>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 02:05:04 +0200
Hi Stefan and all,
Here's an example of a "virtual flash mob" as I talked about at Oekonux.
Franz and I are participating at the African Roundtable for Global Learn
Day and we invite your support.
It's amazing how many dedicated people will be conversing for two hours
this Sunday, November 21 (10:00 am - 12:00 noon GMT) for the African
Roundtable on Health, Education, Radio and the Net.
We've declared a "Flash Mob" to encourage our friends around the world
to use the Net creatively to help us "get things done" through our
conversation. In particular, we want to help thoughtful voices from
Africa to get response from the global Internet community.
LET'S USE OUR IMAGINATION!!!
Please use your creativity and let us and those around you know what you
think would be helpful.
Here are a few ways that we can help right now:
- Blog about this event. Choose one participant who you could
highlight. Help them get out their ideas and make contacts.
- Send this message to your discussion groups along with an explanation
of why you think this is important.
- Help us collect information at our wiki (see below) about our
participants, how they might be better integrated into our global
community, and what ideas they are trying to get out.
- Chat online (see below) and sign up people for discussion groups in
which you are active and could help them. Or sign up for theirs.
- Write letters introducing the participants to people they should know,
and send a copy to your favorite discussion group.
Here are some ways that we can help in the next few months:
- Ask our participants, how can we help them?
- Help our participants present their ideas on websites.
- Help us learn to use social networking tools such as blogs, wikis,
- Help customize these tools for use in Africa.
- Help us release our content into the Public Domain so that all may
share vigorously without asking for permission.
- Help us draw a "web of references" which lets us see how our
relationships bridge Africa with the rest of the world, and how we can
help strengthen those people who serve as bridges.
Here are some ways that we can help now and in the long term:
- Encourage each of us to think-out-loud:
- - What are we passionate about?
- - What is the core value that best expresses what we ourselves care about?
- - What is a question that would clarify our value, and that we don't
know the answer to, but will find the answer with everybody's help!
- - What is our plan for discovering the answer to our question?
- Organize ourselves around thoughtful people and give them our energy
so they can give that back to us all.
It's very important that we foster such "investigators" in Africa so
that in their own personal growth "thinking-out-loud" they might provide
leadership for us all around the world.
THANK YOU for CARING!!! Here is some more information:
Our Wiki: The schedule for our roundtable, listing all participants and
General information about the African Roundtable:
(For Windows machines)Listen and chat at:
We're all invited to "say hello":
This letter is in the PUBLIC DOMAIN.
Organization: projekt oekonux.de