Re: [ox-en] sense and nonsense of licenses (bare acts/sarai reader 5)

Hi Sàndor and list!

Yesterday sandor wrote:
    I see the act of creation as itself being an unfolding in most
instances. I don't like to suppose the benefit only comes after a
transaction - I think it's usually the opposite. The return is in the doing.

I agree to this point and I'd emphasize that this is the reason why
things are actually *done* in the first place.

However, the creation may be of lasting value because the creator is
proud of his/her creation. I think this is also a source of
Selbstentfaltung - especially when this pride is fueled by the
attention others pay to the creation.

For instance I put my small Free Software projects to my personal web
site very consciously. For this site I get the web statistics and can
see how often the code has been downloaded. I feel this is important
for me because I can see at least in the numbers how much others out
there value my ideas enough to give it at least a try.

    Upon thinking about it... I think in terms of Selbstentfaltung
things are generally of no value to the creator once they are created -
only others... Unless perhaps you mean a person's economic unfolding,
but I think of that as outside of the term...

Humans are social beings and I think we should not underestimate the
importance of an image one creates for itself as an psychological
factor.

Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.